SINGER SM024 Sewing Machine With Included Accessory Kit, 24 Stitches review
SINGER SM024 Sewing Machine With Included Accessory Kit, 24 Stitches Review
To find out more about the SINGER SM024 Sewing Machine With Included Accessory Kit, 24 Stitches check out our review below.
The main advantage of this machine is that it is a very simple product, making it great for beginners and those with little experience using sewing machines. It has a lot of great features that are ideal for those just starting out, such as automatic threading and a top drop-in bobbin system that can be easier to use than front loading ones.
Despite its basic design, the Singer SM024 still has some nice extra features like an extension table which allows you to easily handle larger projects. It also comes with stress-free sewing accessories such as bobbins and needles, which saves you from having to buy them separately when you get your new machine.
Features & Benefits of the SINGER SM024 Sewing Machine
- 24 built-in stitches
- Built-in needle threader
- Top drop-in bobbin
- Automatic 1-step buttonhole
- 3 needle positions
- Adjustable stitch length and width
- Stitch selector dial for easy viewing and selection of decorative stitches and stretch stitches, along with an automatic 4-step buttonhole. The stitch width is adjustable. The free arm provides sewing access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas. The machine has a heavy duty metal frame, stainless steel bedplate, extra high presser foot lifter, automatic reverse and adjustable presser foot pressure control.
The Build and Design
After unboxing, the first thing you’ll notice about the Singer SM024 is its sleek and compact design. The lightweight machine can be easily stored in your sewing station when not in use, so it won’t take up any extra space in your home. With its built-in handle, it’s also portable enough to bring along with you wherever you go for easy travel.
The metal frame of the Singer SM024 contributes to its durability and long lifespan, so this sewing machine will serve you well if you’re looking for a versatile model that will last.
Ease of Use
The SINGER SM024 is a compact and lightweight machine that’s easy to use. The conveniently located handwheel allows you to change the direction of the fabric easily while sewing, while the automatic needle threader helps you thread quickly and effortlessly. To begin using this Singer sewing machine, simply set up your accessories, load in the bobbin, select your stitches and get started.
This Singer has a total of 24 stitches: six basic stitches, 12 decorative stitches and six stretch stitches for sewing knit fabrics. It also boasts two fully-automatic one-step buttonholes for easy buttonholing. What’s more, it comes with a variety of accessories including multiple presser feet (all-purpose foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot), needles and bobbins, seam ripper/lint brush to keep your work surface clean, screwdriver for any adjustments you want to make and an accessory pouch for storing all your bits.
Stitches and Other Techniques
- Straight stitching is the most basic and commonly used stitch.
- Zigzag stitching allows for a different type of stitch.
- Buttonholing is an important technique required for sewing buttons.
- Button Sewing allows you to easily sew on a button using a button foot.
- Reverse Stitching allows you to reverse the direction of your stitches, this becomes helpful when doing applique work or reinforcing stitches at the beginning or end of seams.
- Blind Hem will help you complete your sewing projects with this special stitch that gives your hems a professional look without them being visible from the right side of the fabric.
Accessories Included in the Kit
Accessories Included in the Kit
The sewing machine comes with a wide range of accessories, which have been designed to help you complete a wide range of sewing tasks. These accessories include:
- A bobbins unit and pin for securely storing your extra bobbins
- An accessory box for storing additional sewing tools
- A darning plate for preventing damage when sewing through heavy fabric layers such as denim or tweed
- A spool pin felt: This is an accessory that holds the lower spool in place and protects the machine from any potential damage due to free-floating thread.
- A seam ripper: This is an accessory you can use to remove stitches and as such comes in handy when removing misaligned stitches or when making alterations on your garments.
- A needle pack that contains needles of different sizes, which you can use depending on the type of fabric you are working with. The pack also contains a twin needle, which you can use together with two threads to create decorative stitches on various materials.
This sewing machine has all the features and accessories that you need to complete a wide range of sewing tasks.
This sewing machine is a great choice for beginners. It has easy-to-use features and accessories that let you complete a variety of sewing projects in no time.
The 24 built-in stitches includes 6 fully automatic one-step buttonhole styles, so you can get started on your next project right away. The automatic needle threader makes setting up the machine quick and hassle free, while the adjustable stitch length and width allows you to customize each project for a truly professional look.
The machines durable metal frame keeps all of the parts aligned and allows it to handle thick fabric without slowing down or skipping stitches.
Whether your child wants to sew their first blanket or you need a practice tool for advanced embroidery techniques, this machine does it all!
The SM024 comes with a wide selection of feet to choose from, each one providing a different function and all of them being easy to attach. The zipper foot, blind hemmer foot, buttonhole foot and button sewing foot are incredibly useful when you have to make clothes or sew buttons onto garments.